Experience the grandeur of the ghats of Varanasi
Varanasi, otherwise known as Benaras or Kashi, is one of the oldest city in the history of human civilization.
The city is situated on the banks of the Holy River Ganges, and there are many mythological stories associated with this city. This historical city is surrounded by important rivers, Ganges, Varuna and Assi. This is why the whole of the Varanasi city is surrounded by ghats, which give the common people access to the Holy River Ganges.
People from all over the world come to experience the grandeur of the historical ghats of Varanasi. If you are planning a trip to this city, start looking for good hotels in Varanasi. You will find plenty of hotels and ashrams in this city. Once you have picked up the place for your stay, here are some of the tips for the amazing ghats of Varanasi that you shouldn’t miss. Read on!
- Dasashwamedha Ghat: The most important ghat of Varanasi which attracts thousands of pilgrims and tourists from all over the world. The puja that is offered at this ghat every evening is something spectacular and mesmerizing. Do not miss to visit this ghat by any means and once you are here, listen to the mythical stories related with the creation of the ghat. Enjoy the grandeur of the river Ganges and the spectacular evening aarti is a must visit for you.
- Lalita Ghat: Lalita Ghat was created by a Nepali King who wanted to re-create the famous Pashupati nath Temple in this city. This ghat has its own charm. Don’t forget to visit the Nepali temple that is close to this ghat. Check out the staircase of this ghat.
- Manikarnika Ghat: This ghat is considered as one of the prime ghats of Varanasi. The legendary story of Harish chandra and his struggle for redemption is something you must listen to while you arrive at this ghat. The cremation ground as well as the special charm of the ghat is something which will make you come back to this place time and again. You must visit this place in order to get the true essence of the historical city of Varanasi.
- Assi Ghat: Located at the confluence of two rivers, Ganges and Assi, the Assi Ghat is the most beautiful ghat of Varanasi. Enjoy the serenity of this ghat that can fully be experienced with the onset of evening. Try to go for a boat ride from this ghat and experience the spectacular beauty of Varanasi. The famous poet Tulsidas breathed his last at this place.
- Tulsi Ghat: The Tulsi Gjhat gets its name from the famous poet Tulsidas who had spent most of his time at this place. Check out the Hanuman temple that is situated right beside the entry of the ghat. Also, don’t forget to witness the quintessential charm of a Varanasi ghat in here.
Varanasi is a place that will leave you in awe. Search for Varanasi hotels and hotels in Varanasi Cantt and choose wisely. Enjoy this beautiful city!